The Purchase Order module provides the facility to control the purchasing cycle.
Inventory requisitions are entered into the system and purchase orders are printed. As goods are recorded in transit, the receipts are verified against the purchase order. The receipt updates the inventory levels and the landed cost calculated and stored for each receipt.
- Process Purchase Orders
- Allows the entry and adjustment of inventory requisitions and maintains an open purchase order file until the purchase order is received or cancelled.
- Prints purchase orders.
- Prints receiver copies of purchase orders for a specific purchase order, for all new purchase orders or for all purchase orders that have had partial receipts (receiver copies will show only the remaining products not yet received).
- Allows the entry of pre-receiving information from foreign supplier commercial invoices and records in transit information.
- Tracks purchase orders which have been "dedicated" to specific sales orders.
- Releases pre-received inventory into stock, calculating the landed cost for each item.
- Prints a receiving register detailing the products received and the makeup of the landed cost.
- Automatically purges purchase orders after they have been received.
- Optionally accrues liability and updates Inventory control accounts when goods are received instead of when the supplier invoice is posted; retains receipt details for validation against actual quantities/prices when the supplier invoice is posted in the Accounts Payable system.
- Allows vendors to be grouped by buyers and maintains a cross-reference table of buyer codes and names.
- Displays outstanding purchase orders, in summary or in detail, by supplier.
- Displays outstanding purchase orders by product showing quantity remaining on each purchase order and the expected delivery date. This date can be altered when confirmation of the date is received.
- Displays purchasing information statistics, including 24-month picture of demand units, by product.
- Displays product purchasing history. A summary of all receipts for a product is displayed showing the supplier code, receipt date, quantity received and price. Further details of each receipt may be optionally displayed.
- Management Information Reporting
- Prints repurchase report showing, by supplier, all products that have fallen below the re-order point. This report, in conjunction with the unit history report, is used to determine which products to purchase and the quantity to order.
Prints repurchase hot sheet that provides a list of products for which customer backorders exist and insufficient stock is on order to cover these backorders. The hot sheet can also be printed to show products for which customer backorders exist and the outstanding purchase order is beyond the expected delivery date.
- Prints open purchase order report showing all outstanding purchase orders.
- Prints expediting report showing all outstanding open purchase orders which are beyond the expected delivery date.
- Prints purchasing/receipt information by product from the Purchasing History Master file.
- Provides a means of verifying the inventory levels in the inventory file against the details in the open purchase order file. If an error is detected due to hardware or software malfunction, the balances are automatically corrected and reported.