WARNING: The Replication Module was designed for use by TECSYS staff only. The Replication programs contain records that are vital to the operation of the remote system. Modifications to any records in the RP Module may potentially cause errors in the replication process between the PointForce Enterprise back office and the remote system. We strongly recommend that you only update/edit this program with the assistance of a TECSYS Business Consultant.
Replication Module (RP) Overview:
The Enterprise Replication option module works in conjunction with Enterprise Transaction Logging to export and import selected transactions between the Replication Publisher (the host Enterprise installation) and remote Replication Subscribers.
- The Replication Server (RP10) communicates transactions between the Publisher and Subscribers using only a TCP/IP networking connection and the HTTP protocol – this allows replication to occur through a LAN, WAN, through firewalls to DMZ's or to any location accessible over the Internet using the same reliable protocols and standards that all web browsers and web servers are based on.
- Communication between the Publisher and Subscribers can be secured though external network technologies such as VPN's or the Replication Server can request the same Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection used by all web browsers.
- Enterprise Replication is designed to support multiple Replication Subscribers – including different types of subscribers. Subscribers can be located at different network addresses and subscribe to Replication Publications to determine what transactions should be imported and/or exported between the Publisher and Subscriber.
- An Enterprise E-Commerce 6 Replicated Web Site could publish one or more of the following Replication Publications depending on its needs:
- WINSOL EVOLVE 4.0.0 COMMON
- WINSOL EVOLVE 4.0.0 COMPANY
- WINSOL EVOLVE 4.0.0 ADMIN DESK
- WINSOL EVOLVE 4.0.0 ADVERTISING
- WINSOL EVOLVE 4.0.0 COST CENTRE
- WINSOL EVOLVE 4.0.2 COMPANY EFT
- Enterprise Replication is also designed to support custom client-specific Replication Publications (i.e. Data Warehousing functions).
For more information on programs in the Replication Module, click on the links above.