The Inventory Maintenance System provides the facility to maintain product information and to manage and alter prices.
Outlined below are the basic functions of the Inventory Maintenance System:
- Maintains the inventory master file.
- Prints inventory master lists, check lists, price lists and condensed lists.
- Deletes inventory records provided there are no sales, back-orders or purchase orders outstanding for the product.
- Maintains special pricing and product group discounts through Customer Special Pricing tables.
- Prints special price lists by customer showing the pricing structure for that customer.
- Maintains flyer-pricing tables.
- Maintains future selling prices and future customer special prices.
- Provides a selling price recalculation program.
- Maintains product substitution master file.
- Maintains the inventory set master file, which lists the product components that make up an inventory set.
- Maintains the model and option master file, defines model groups and provides a list of models and their components.
- Maintains user-defined information.
- Maintains customer part number cross-reference.
- Allows for maintenance by product code, serial and lot number control flags.
- Allows for a second level of security to be maintained by inventory adjustment type code.
- Allows for maintenance of a general ledger inventory adjustment-relating table for automatic update to the General Ledger when stock adjustments are processed with the maintained codes.