WindX Disable Security
|Important Note: You may require further consultation on the content of this document. You may not have the in-house expertise or the time to apply the instructions included with this document. Either way, Tecsys can help: just contact our support team at SMBSupport@Tecsys.com with a brief description of your issue(s) and one of our technical specialists will contact you directly.
When installing the Enterprise Client Update (ECU) for PointForce version 7.2.0, you must install the latest version of WindX to launch PxPlus (Providex) programs.
- During the installation process, the system will prompt you to enable WindX security.
- The default is Enable, however we strongly recommend that you disable WindX security.
- Here is an example of the WindX Security Check message:
- Ensure that you click Disable.
If you enable this option in error, follow these steps to disable WindX security:
- With a Providex program open, such as IN45, clear the existing WindX security settings by pressing CTRL-SHIFT-INSERT keys.
- The system will prompt you with a message asking if you want to reset all authorization/security settings.
- Select the option to clear the settings.
- The WindX Security Check message opens again (see image above).
- Click Disable.